I am often amazed that given the preponderance of TV makeover shows in the past few years, that many women still don’t know what an image consultant is and how they can be served by one. Or, I meet women who understand what I do as an image consultant but who say to me things like, “well I’m sure you only work with very rich women”, or “I am sure I can’t afford you”, which is actually not true, at least not in my case.
As a practicing image consultant for over 6 years, it’s astounding to me how little has changed regarding the public’s awareness of this field of image consulting. As with any profession, image consultants wear a variety of hats, depending on their skills, interest and target client. I have worked with men and women over the years but my ideal client is a woman. Often she is a professional woman, who places a lot of value on how she is perceived by others and who understands that her image is a critical part of her professional success. And sometimes I’ve had clients who come to me to help them with their personal image—maybe it’s a woman who is trying to attract a mate, or a woman who wants to improve her look for her own sense of self-worth and esteem. There can be many reasons, but the underlying theme is that anyone who desires a change, boost, overhaul, or refinement to their image/look/style in any way, can benefit from the expertise of an image consultant.
My services support my clients in a number of ways:
- Making sure their first impressions are positively memorable
- Helping them craft or refine their unique personal brand
- Selecting outfits for special events
- Revamping, tweaking or developing their own signature style
- Helping them dress to enhance their figure
- Ensuring their body language and non-verbal cues support their overall image intent
- Shopping with or for them so they can build a wardrobe of clothing that reflects their goals and preferences
- Showing them the colors that give them the greatest impact
- Optimizing their wardrobes so they have outfits they love, that work for their bodies and lifestyle and which make them feel amazing
- Coordinating and building outfits for them so dressing each day is more effortless
- And so much more