Someone ask a question about what’s hot for Spring and decided I needed to provide a list of Spring fashion trends. So here goes!
- Yellow will be the color of the season just like last Spring. If you’re going to buy a yellow top or dress just make sure it’s a shade of yellow that compliments you!
- Minis will still be in style—in dresses or skirts–great for those with gorgeous gams they want to show off. For the rest of us, wear wisely.
- Gladiator sandals, espadrilles and colorful shoes will be hot all through spring.
- Speaking of Gladiators, the whole Grecian themed look will also be popular this season. Dresses with draping, one shoulder styles, column style dress designs all will be the style du jour. By the way, I think Rami on Project Runway is obsessed with this look but he does it so well.
- Bright colors everywhere!! Oranges, yellows, Gecko green, teal blue and warm reds will be splashed all across racks—in clothes, handbags, shoes and accessories. Lovin it!
- Floral prints will make a showing this Spring as every other but this trend typically does not last very long–maybe this season it will be different because there were a lot of flowers walking down runways during the Sping 2008 shows.
- High waisted pants will still be popular but the waists’ will not be as high as this past fall (as that look flatter so few women anyway!)
- Bows and ruffles will be en vogue too—those pretty feminine detail that is so girlie on dresses, shoes and skirts.
- We will see more corset inspired tops and dresses this spring, a look so hot and so figure flattering. Look for lace up detailing on shirts, blouses and dresses.
- Another figure flattering trend that will continue is the cinched waist, so ‘hourglass figure’ and so sexy. I hope this trend continues a long time!
- And last but not least, the simple shift dresses that we started seeing in the fall will make a serious comeback in spring. Pair a cinched waist dress in a mini length in a bright citrusy color and you will be totally on trend for Spring!
Copyright Élan Image Management
As always, make sure your Presence is Purposeful! www.ElanImageManagement.com