Wearing the right hosiery when the temps are on the cool side is on the mind of many women. I have many clients who are confused about the pantyhose protocol especially for more formal occasions. Many women question whether they need to match their stockings to their shoes, wearing white, what type of nude etc. Here are some answers!
- Matching stockings to shoes is a fashion “don’t’ unless you are wearing black or brown in your outfit. Matching will generally be a bad idea if you are a diva rocking red or other colorful shoes! Instead aim to make your hosiery enhance your ensembles—neutrals are always smart choices –beige, soft grey, soft black, taupe, brown, as is opaque black in the cooler months when worn with dark clothing. However avoid black stockings with spring bright colors—the effect is almost cartoonish!
- My take on white stockings? A Fashion Don’t! It is a very outdated look and just reminds one of a nurse’s uniform.
- DO add subtle texture for interest and variety. Ribbed, woven or small fishnets can create a very edgy fashion forward look if done correctly.
- For professional environments DO choose sheer stockings over opaque ones.
- Nude stockings work if the effect is that your legs look as if you are not wearing hosiery. A great brand is Donna Karan The Nudes which are super sheer. Otherwise, be careful.
- DO look for toeless stockings if you are wearing peep toe pumps. Great for women who want to wear stockings but still show off their pedicured feet.
- DO keep an extra pair of stockings handy if you wear them as they snag so easily.
- Don’t like to wear hosiery but dread showing your uber pale legs to the world? That is what bronzers are for! Spray, rub or smooth some on and your pale legs and/or skin imperfections will be less visible. Another option is to try leg makeup. Yes, there is such a thing!
Hope this answrs your pantyhose questions. Give me a holler if you have others!
The Image Diva, Elan Image Management
As always, make sure your Presence is Purposeful! www.ElanImageManagement.com