Thanksgiving is right around the corner. And whether you’re inviting company to your home or visiting friends and family, you want to be sure you look great—especially when it is the perfect occasion for a photo opp! Here are 6 tips to ensure your wardrobe is on point on this special day.
1. You want to make sure that you’re dressed appropriately for the company you’re with. So for example if you’ve visiting with your significant other’s family, it’s probably best to err on the side of modesty and try a look that is classic and timeless. Pair a sweater or cardigan and shirt with a wool blend skirt (or sweater dress) and tights for a look that will ensure everyone falls in love with you. Add a scarf in a fab color for instant oomph.
2. Comfort is important. Especially so when you’ve eaten way more than you needed to and are apt to feel bloated. If your chosen look requires that you have a flat stomach you may want to think about an alternative. Tight fitting jeans—probably not the best idea. Instead why not pair leggings with an interesting tunic top (embellished perhaps?) and a sporty boyfriend jacket or sweater coat. You will be comfortable, stylish and have enough room for any extra belly bulge not to show. This outfit from Banana Republic may do the trick.
3. Hanging out with your friends and want a more fashionable look? Consider a knit dress or tunic length sweater in an easy drape and a color that makes you look amazing and pair with tights and hip boots to keep your look modern.
4. If your crowd is a bit more upscale you may amp up your sophistication factor by opting for a great tailored jacket with pizzazz paired with a great pair of slacks and killer bling. Consider a great pair of shoulder duster earrings or a fabulous necklace. Skip the arm candy for another occasion.
5. Walk with an extra layer as you can’t be sure if you’ll be too hot or cold. I love a colorful scarf or wrap for exactly that purpose.
6. If you’re going to be helping with the food preparations you need to have on hand comfortable shoes. Ballet flats are a winner as are flat riding boots. Sorry, no sneakers please!
All outfits are available at banana republic. Have a comment? I’d love to hear from you.